Travel Diary: Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam Part 1

Travelling around the world is one of my life goals. Last week, me and my boyfriend decided to go to Vietnam for a family and friends vacation and I am so excited since it’s my first time to go to Vietnam, and I heard so many good things about Vietnam. From good food to coffee shops to a million of motorbikes in the streets, and they were right.



We arrived at Ho Chi Minh around 4:00 PM and took a taxi to our Hotel Zoolut Stay 271, if you are in a tight budget, backpackers or want a place in District 1. I highly recommend Zoolut Stay 271, it’s not a luxurious hotel but it’s very worth the price. The room is clean, and I really appreciate that they always clean our room and when we get back from excursion around Ho Chi Minh, our room is totally clean and fresh. I also recommend to stay in 3rd Floor the Cozy room. The Staff is very friendly and very helpful with the directions; I forgot to ask the name of the receptionist who took good care of us during our stay. Unfortunately they don’t serve Buffet breakfast because they have a very limited space. They only have a pre-order meal for breakfast and you will dine in the lobby. I just wish they have American breakfast; I might enjoy more my morning routine. But anyways, the room is perfect.












It’s so fascinating that the city has a Jollibee, it’s a Filipino’s Favorite, and though there is no Jollibee in Thailand I really miss eating Jollibee. One of our friends found the Jollibee in Saigon Star building, I’m not quite sure where exactly that is, but it’s located in Saigon Star. 



During the night in Saigon, there streets is the most busiest streets I’ve ever seen. I think 1 Vietnamese, Expat or Tourist owns at least 2 motorbikes.  Motorbikes are everywhere, and they are not scared to drive around the city. Honestly! I’m scared to cross the streets because of them. 



On the next Day, we are going on an excursion to the popular Mekong River where an agency arrange for us, sorry I forgot the name also since our Friend who arrange all our tours. We travel for 2 hours going to the meeting point of the Mekong River, we actually took a bus with other tourist who also booked an excursion to the Mekong River, and it’s a Whole day adventure. 








After two hours of travelling we arrived at the starting point of where we are going to take a boat for a river cruise to a small island in Mekong River. 







It’s a minutes cruise to arrive in the said island, when we got there we need to walk for a couple of minutes to reached the place where we are going to eat and discover their culture. 






Our excursion includes lunch, the food is nice and I was amaze where there is a lady who served for us, do the fresh lumpia for us, you must try the Fresh Lumpia of Vietnam it’s their one of the delicacies that they are proud of. 





After eating, we visit the bee house and some mini traditional factory of coconut products. At the end of our excursion we do the mini-boat riding in a narrow river.


















And that were our first day in Saigon, Vietnam, I like to share everything here our full days in Saigon but I think I have a lot of pictures to post in one post so I decided to divide it by two. What do you think of our first day adventure in Ho Chich Minh? 

DON'T 
BE A 
TOURIST
BE A 
TRAVELLER

Post a Comment

Its Beyond Imaginations. Theme by STS.